Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Welcome Blog :)

So this is kind of weird, writing a blog that my classmates can and will read, but hey gotta roll with the punches. I've never had a blog before and even if I have never an attentive audience to listen to my nonsensical ramblings, but now since it's for a grade, you have to! Lol.
So as I mentioned in my introduction email, my name is Rachel Hampton and I'm a junior and I'm really excited about this class and junior year in general, ANYthing has to be better than sophomore year right?! I do, however, find it very strange that it's only the third-ish day of school and I already have like 150 pages of reading to do for my three Monday/Wednesday classes, but hey I guess that's upper-level classes for ya.

My summer was a very interesting and enlightening one. I interned at the Hope Alliance Crisis Center in Round Rock where I answered crisis hotline calls, worked on projects at the shelter, and just generally learned my way around the office. In July they offered me a job as an Overnight Shelter Manager which I promptly thought about for oh, about 4 milliseconds before I said "hell ya!" (it's only what I want to do with my life!). So now I work on Thursdays at the shelter and basically stay overnight and answer hotline calls and deal with any issues that need to be handled concerning the individuals staying at the shelter. It's more like I'm an RA for people twice my age, which is really cool.

Let's see, is there anything else you need to know about me? I like to read and play in the rain and I'm all-around a pretty chill person and try really hard not to let things get under my skin.

So that's me in a small blog-type nutshell!

No comments: